sexta-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2013

Eurovision: in preparation for Malmö 2013 (II)

Finally I can start to comment the songs that have been chosen for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 that will be held in Malmö!!!
Let's start!

GERMANY AND CASCADA


I'm gonna start with one of the Big 5, that won the contest in 2010 and remained in the TOP10 also in 2011 (10th place) and 2012 (8th place). After the choices of "Satellite", "Taken by a Stranger" and "Standing Still", I wasn't expecting this choice from Germany. We are facing a song that fits perfectly in "Schlager" style very characteristic of this part of Europe. This music has all the cliches, associated to this kind of music.
From the festival, I have to say that the quality in general was above the average. But I have to admit that I was expecting a stronger competition. I didn't like the performance of the major part of the finalists. And I never expected that the song "Nackert" came in 2nd place (with 12 points of the radio) and the song "One Love" in 3rd place.
Beside the winner, I like the song "Elevated".
There aren't many things to talk about the German choice. It will be difficult to put some originality in the performance. This song will appeal more to the public than to juries. And that will certainly make a splash among OGAE's. The worst thing that could happen to Germany would be finish in the last position in the final because as I said, Germany is one of the Big5 countries, so it has a guaranted place in the final.

AUSTRIA AND NATALIA KELLY


Now I will talk about another german-speak country. After the bad result of last year (this country finished in the last place in the semi-final 1), this year Austria brings a much better song. It's original and with some charm, but I think that it miss something in this music. Although Natalia get a good pitch and vocal tract, I think it was not enough to convey the full potential of the music.
As for the competition, I have to say that this year the Austrian Final had a good musical quality in general. And the 2nd place - the song "Feels Like Home" performed by the artist Yela - and the 3rd place - the song "Rise Above the Night" performed by the artist Falco Luneau - were also good choices. I must say that I preferred Falco Luneau, but the choice of Natalia wasn't bad at all.
For the semifinal, Natalia must improve her stage presence and give more charisma to the music.
Austria doesn't usually have much luck in this competition: is almost always more benefited by juries than by the public who put it almost always among one of the last places.
Austria will perform in the semifinal 1, and from the countries that usually give more points to Austria will vote in the same final The United Kingdom, Belgium and Ireland. Some of the countries that in the past gave more points to Austria, Germany and Greece, won't vote in the semifinal 1.
The hope for Austria will be in the side of the juries.


Good luck to both countries!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário